Robert L. Sommers of San Francisco, California, is a sole practitioner, with more than 40 years experience as a practicing attorney. An international and domestic tax specialist, he has represented and advised numerous U.S. and foreign individuals and small companies on a variety of tax, business and estate planning matters since 1976.
He has been certified as a Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California, a distinction earned by less than .05% of all attorneys licensed to practice law in California. He also received a postgraduate legal degree (LL.M.) in taxation from New York University School of Law in 1985, the foremost graduate tax program in the U.S.
Bob Sommers wrote a bi-weekly tax column for the San Francisco Examiner newspaper from 1995 through 2000. He is the author of the critically acclaimed and nationally recognized the Tax Prophet website, the premier tax analysis and planning resource on the Web.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 1985.
- University of San Francisco, School of Law, J.D., 1976.
- University of California at Santa Cruz, B.A. in Economics, 1972.
- California – 1985 to present (active)
- New York – 1983-1985 (currently inactive)
- Hawaii – 1976 through 1983 (currently inactive