Types of Clients
Robert L. Sommers represents U.S. and foreign individuals, entrepreneurs, start-ups and small companies, including:
- Closely-held Corporations
- S Corporations
- Limited Liability Companies
- Trusts and Estates
Description of Services
Robert L. Sommers has a general tax and business law practice, with emphasis on the following areas of law:
- Federal and California income, estate and gift tax controversies, audits, appeals, litigation and collections.
- Foreign income, gift and estate tax issues (foreign taxpayers investing or doing business in the U.S. and U.S. taxpayers investing or doing business abroad).
- Employee Stock Options.
- Legal asset protection and wealth preservation planning.
- U.S. and foreign estate planning (revocable living trusts, gifts and wills), probate and trust administration.
- Real property exchanges, purchases and sales.
- Business purchases, sales and tax-free reorganizations.
- Formation, operation and dissolution of corporations, partnerships, trusts and limited liability companies.